FIRST RIVERS HOSPITAL LTD was founded in 1985 by DR SOLA OLANREWAJU. The hospital is a sixty bed complex located at 7/9 Old Aba Road, Rumuomasi / 250 Aba Express way Port Harcourt, with modern equipment and through over 150 staff, 78 of which are core healthcare professionals, we are committed to the provision of compelling quality timeless medical services to our patients. Our objective is to maximally exploit medical sciences in the art of health management and preservation of life with regards to The Ultimate Intelligence. Our core values are to offer Fast medical interventions, maintain high professional Integrity, Respect the person and right of our patients, observe all Safety considerations in the process of task execution, and employ Team approach to health management. The tariffs in our hospital arrived at having put into perspective all the interplaying factors that dictates cost of running hospital in this environment with fair considerations to the financial burden of our patients whose continued patronage is a sine qua non to the sustenance of our practice. Services to be undertaken but not contained here shall be notified to the patient and the cost agreed upon before such services are undertaken. Medical bills for a month would be made available within two (2) weeks of that month. Credit period within which we expect our patients to settle their bills is limited to thirty (30) days of receipt of bill. Provisions have been made in the agreement for interest on credit withheld beyond this period. Our patients or their representatives are required to endorse the agreement of payment set out by the hospital. We look forward to a good doctor-patient relationship. Thank you for your patronage.
We are core healthcare professionals, we are committed to the provision of compelling quality timeless medical services to our patients. Our core objectives are to offer Fast medical interventions, maintain high professional Integrity, Respect the person and right of our patients, observe all Safety considerations in the process of task execution, and employ Team approach to health management. Our aim / objectives are specifically summarized below:
- Clinical Services
- To provide efficient and effective services, affordable to HMO / Companies and desirable to patients and referring clinicians. To be the major specialist service provider for the population of our patients. To provide additional services for our patients. To support the principle of local access wherever possible. To provide services which are quick and easy to access and provide an excellent patient experience. To deliver services to the highest standards.
- Research & Development
- To develop collaborative and consultative research partnerships with patients, carers and the public. To support research of national and international excellence and innovation. To develop the Trust's research portfolio in line with its service strategy. To develop a Clinical Research Imaging Centre in partnership with the Universities. To develop research activities in partnership with academic and healthcare organisations. To further develop research governance.
- Supporting aims
- To achieve a sustainable financial surplus. To improve the environment for patients and staff, to improve ease of access for patients and visitors and to develop the Trust's estate to give the optimal configuration of services. To ensure that there is Trust and it has the governance and the information structures, systems and processes necessary to deliver its mission efficiently, effectively and with the highest standards of probity are in their due place . To fulfill our role as an international hospital, we prepare to accept patients from abroad. And to continuously meet the above objectives, we keep the hospital financially healthy.
At First Rivers Hospital, we recognize the value of every person and are guided by our commitment to excellence and leadership. We demonstrate this by:
- Providing exemplary physical and emotional care for each of our patients and their families.
- Balancing the continued commitment to the care of the poor and those most in need with the provision of highly specialized services to a broader community.
- Building a work environment where each person is valued, respected and has an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Advancing excellence in health services education.
- Fostering a culture of discovery in all of our activities and supporting exemplary health sciences research.
- Strengthening our relationships with universities, colleges, other hospitals, agencies and our community.
- Demonstrating social responsibility through the just use of our resources.
- To provide the highest quality care and service for all people in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human illness.
The commitment of our staff, physicians, volunteers, students, community partners and friends to our mission permits us to maintain a quality of presence and tradition of caring, which are the hallmarks of First Rivers Hospital.